My world

My photo
Terrebonne, OR, United States
Well, let's see now, I married my High School Sweet-heart about 100 years ago! Together we raised 3 wonderful, interesting kids in Central Oregon: Heidi, Kelli, and Brian. We are Grandparents of seven very funny kids! Alex & Scarlet Nelson (Heidi's) , Jacoby, Boaz & Uriah Simonds (Kelli's) , Brooklynn & Bahn Klaus (Brian's). This blog is dedicated to my family, Read about the goings on, keep updated with the kids and Grand kids. There are 2 pages so be sure and view my older posts! Happy Reading! Hope you enjoy it!

Friday, November 7, 2008

Playing Airport!



Update: After 21 years, with Horizon Air, my position was eliminated. What a shock! But have been enjoying every minute of my 'freedom'. I was very ready to give up my early mornings, and dealing with Fog, Flight delays, Angry passengers. I am now staying home, enjoying our chickens! Sewing alot, and Monty and I are doing lots of motorcycle riding!  I was able to retire, so kept my flight benefits! 
Am going back to work soon however, will be Managing two new News/Gifts shops opening soon in the RDM Airport.  (Can't leave the airport I guess)! 


Central Oregon offers the most beautiful sunrises in the country, which helps to make the early hours worth it!
If only I had kept a Daily Journal of all the funny, odd, stressful things I have encountered dealing with the 'flying public' for the past 19 years! I could publish it and be rich right now!

Working for an airline was not only entertaining, but it had great perks! Our family has enjoyed many adventures thanks to my travel benefits.
We have visited so many neat places, such as Cabo San Lucas (yearly since 1989), *wow what changes have taken place there, DisneyLand, DisneyWorld, SeaWorld, Scotland, England, India, Canada, Hawaii, Amsterdam, the Florida Keys, lots of nice warm destinations during our cold Central Oregon winters, we visited Washington DC right after the Sept 11, 2001, we viewed the incredible damage to the Pentagon up close and personal which was amazing.
I have many photo albums filled with memories and pictures of family and friends in many places.
My parents and brothers live in Alaska and if I did not work for the airlines, it would have been too expensive to see them very often.
Our kids have many good memories of visiting their Grandparents and cousins in Alaska while growing up.


No comments: