My world

My photo
Terrebonne, OR, United States
Well, let's see now, I married my High School Sweet-heart about 100 years ago! Together we raised 3 wonderful, interesting kids in Central Oregon: Heidi, Kelli, and Brian. We are Grandparents of seven very funny kids! Alex & Scarlet Nelson (Heidi's) , Jacoby, Boaz & Uriah Simonds (Kelli's) , Brooklynn & Bahn Klaus (Brian's). This blog is dedicated to my family, Read about the goings on, keep updated with the kids and Grand kids. There are 2 pages so be sure and view my older posts! Happy Reading! Hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Skooter Gangs / Life on the edge






Here's my newest ride: 05 Yamaha Majesty 400. I love it,


Monty and I have had some cool road trips over the past 2 years. Is a very neat hobby.


Do you remember the Clint Eastwood movie 'Every Which Way But Loose?' There was a bumbling motorcycle gang called 'The Black Widows', thats the gang I need to join!

My 77 year old mother is worried, she keeps asking me to park it for the winter!

This GrandMother is not one to take chances, I start out on the Vespa, then 'upgraded' to the Majesty. We just sold the Vespa and bought Monty a Suzuki Bergman 650, I will add photos' soon.

I studied my little Motorcycle Handbook and took the test the next day (passed it with 100%) wow you say? That's not too shocking, as Reading happens to be my sport of choice!

I practiced on our race track, (read about the Race-Track on this blog) they set up a course for me. Brian had just taken his motorcycle endorsement test so he knew how the course should go, (he passed his drive test with a 100%).....I just wanted to pass!

I was so worried, I practiced, practiced, practiced. At first I thought going around those little cones would be impossible!'
I even tipped over trying to go around them. *I broke the windshield off my scooter when I tipped over, Monty had put it on that same day). Excuse me, a real biker would say 'layed over' not tipped over!

Then 2 weeks later, I had my driving apt. in Prineville at the DMV. Guess what? 100% The tester must have felt sorry for me!

I also took the Team Oregon Intermediate Training, which was very good for me.
!

1 comment:

L&K Simonds said...

You are very cool...however your dog in the sweater...not cool! Kelli