My world

My photo
Terrebonne, OR, United States
Well, let's see now, I married my High School Sweet-heart about 100 years ago! Together we raised 3 wonderful, interesting kids in Central Oregon: Heidi, Kelli, and Brian. We are Grandparents of seven very funny kids! Alex & Scarlet Nelson (Heidi's) , Jacoby, Boaz & Uriah Simonds (Kelli's) , Brooklynn & Bahn Klaus (Brian's). This blog is dedicated to my family, Read about the goings on, keep updated with the kids and Grand kids. There are 2 pages so be sure and view my older posts! Happy Reading! Hope you enjoy it!

Friday, November 21, 2008

The 'Klausmann'




This is what happens when you leave Monty unattended in the shop too long!
Monty's uncle Bob owned a Cushmann way back when, and Monty always admired that old photo and wished he had the time to restore one.
Well, Monty decided fabricating a 'Klausmann' from the floor up would be a fun winter project.
He started by finding an old headlight on eBay and then built the scooter from there. He designed and fabricated everything, the handle bars, the seat, the trunk, rivets, even the paint job is his, everything.
Next he took it in to the DMV and got it titled and licenced. The 'Maiden Voyage' was a success, I followed him on my Vespa around the block!
To me it looks like a 'Converse Tennis shoe'! You should see the looks as he drives it down the highway!
The other photo is the 1928 Harley Davidson, (made by Monty). This is pretty much what the first Motorcycles looked like.



The Newest Addition:  2009 Suzuki Bergman 650.  Monty's wanted a ride as nice as mine! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the Rat Fink out on the open road! You will leave crashes galore in your wake because people will be staring so hard at your creation.

L&K Simonds said...

We have a little too much time on our hands dont we now!!! What will be be doing for the rest of the winter since technically he has the entire winter left! Kelli