My world

My photo
Terrebonne, OR, United States
Well, let's see now, I married my High School Sweet-heart about 100 years ago! Together we raised 3 wonderful, interesting kids in Central Oregon: Heidi, Kelli, and Brian. We are Grandparents of seven very funny kids! Alex & Scarlet Nelson (Heidi's) , Jacoby, Boaz & Uriah Simonds (Kelli's) , Brooklynn & Bahn Klaus (Brian's). This blog is dedicated to my family, Read about the goings on, keep updated with the kids and Grand kids. There are 2 pages so be sure and view my older posts! Happy Reading! Hope you enjoy it!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Simonds Family







What can I say about Kelli? She was our middle child and after reading Dr. Spock we knew the dangers of 'The Middle Child' Syndrom, you know, from not giving the middle child a sense of accomplishment?

We worked hard to avoid that and it seems we accomplished our goal!
There is nothing that Kelli can't do, (or thinks she can't do)! She is a bundle of 'Can Do'.

Kelli and her family (Husband ~ Lance, Jacoby~age 6, and Boaz ~age 4) moved to Yamhill, OR this past year, when Lance became the pastor of Landmark Missionary Baptist Church.
Kelli is now a stay at home mom ( I am not sure she is at home much as she is always on the go!)
Kelli and Lance Home School the boys; Jacoby is in 1st grade and Boaz is in Kindergarten, they have them in T-ball, Church, Sunday School, Soap Box Derby's, Frog Jumping Contests, every year they take a week and float the John Day River; as you see the whole family is always in motion!
Kelli 'can's' fruits and vegetables, bakes bread, writes devotionals, leads Women's Groups, organizes VBS, so many things I can't even put it all on paper, Kelli seems to have time for everything and everyone!
Jacoby is a 'little Kelli', and Boaz is a 'little Lance'! Both in looks and actions, it is very funny for us to watch these little guys, as they are always jumping, running, falling, bouncing!
They can always come up with the funniest things to say.
Example, Last Year: Boaz is in the back seat as Kelli is driving down Hwy.97, Boaz says, "Mom, I've got a booger on my finger", Kelli responds with, "Well, I can't stop and help you now, you will just have to wait". ......
Things get quiet in the back seat, then Boaz tells her, "Mom, its all right, I put it back"!
See what I'm talking about?
Little Uriah, has quite the personality also, he expects the boys to intertain him at all times, (and they do). He is very cute and funny, will be walking very soon.

No comments: